The Google Pixel 4 Trade-in Deal is a Ripoff

Oct 16, 2019

Google just announced the new Made by Google devices yesterday at their event in New York. As expected they gave us the Pixel 4 and 4XL, the most leaked smartphones ever. I currently can't afford one, but like many people, I still priced one out to see what it would cost if I could.

What I found on the Google Store was quite disappointing. If I were to trade in my current Pixel 3XL, the Pixel from last year, I would only get $260. For perspective, I paid $900 for it brand new.

What annoys me is that I could sell it on Swappa in "mint" condition for $400.  That's a $140 difference! But get this, if I wanted to trade in my phone for a Galaxy Note 10 through Samsung, they would give me $450 for it! What sense does that make?!

That's not all. If I did decide to trade in my 3rd gen Pixel for the 4, I would miss out on one key part. Unlimited original photo and video storage on Google Photos. This year Google decided to back out of that, and instead, just stuck with original quality backups. That is the same thing that every other phone gets!

With all of these complaints, it may sound like I absolutely hate Google's next-gen phones. I don't. I freaking love them. We get more RAM, a 90hz display, and an additional camera! But still, the trade-in thing is annoying.

Alright, I'm done.
Hello. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top